A one day workshop was organised on Dissemination of the Information on the Issues Addressed under RSC-DCPPAI Supported R& D Projects
A one day workshop was organised on Dissemination of the Information on the Issues Addressed under RSC-DCPPAI Supported R& D Projects by CPPRI on May 10, 2019 at Scope Complex , New Delhi.
The objective of the workshop was to disseminate the information related to the recently completed projects approved by Research Steering Committee of Development Council for Pulp, Paper and Allied Industries (RSC-DCPPAI) under Development Council for Pulp, Paper & Allied industries.
The inaugural session was graced by Shri Anil Agrawal, IPS, Joint Secretary, DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Shri A.S. Mehta, President IPMA. Presentations on recently completed RSC-DCPPAI projects were made by the respective principal investigators in two technical sessions.
The workshop attracted over whelming response participation from paper Industry as well as mill associations( IPMA, IARPMA and INMA) , stake holders , academicians and scientists.
• Increase in brightness ceiling of agro residue pulps in cost effective manner specifically for wheat straw
• Improvement in selectivity of oxygen bleaching
• Achievement of highest brightness and whiteness in paper in a cost effective manner through selective addition of OWA at wet-end and size press
• Bio-chemical abatement of pollution load in waste water to meet the futre stringent norms for small pulp & paper mill
• Rapid improvment of casuarina and leucaena to enhance pulp wood production from farm forestry plantations
• Development of protocol for deposit control in RCF based mills for better machine runnability
• Utilisation of lignin as value added product for manufacturing of rubber products
• Census survey of the Indian Paper Industry
• Pilot scale studies on efficient depithing of bagasse: a process developed by CPPRI
• Continuing education (training programme) for technical personnel in Pulp & Paper Industry